Text: The Reason Why Faith Makes Sense by Mark Mittelberg, Tyndale House, Carol Stream IL, 2011. ISBN 978-1-4143-1581-2
After viewing the video A Short Course in Apologetics 4, please read Chapter 4 of the text, Are We Accountable to God? and give short answers to the following questions:
- What is the evidence that the author provides that human beings are sinners and not like the God of the Bible who is presented as “holy” (apart and morally untainted)?
- What moral failure or “sin” does the author suggest is the most dangerous and why?
- Why does the author suggest God has not set too high a standard for holiness?
- What balances out God’s holiness and his prerogative to judge human beings?
- In order to appreciate the good news of the Gospel, what must we realize first?