Course 3 Introduction
Welcome to the ShareWord Global Evangelism Certificate courses, “Everyday Evangelism That’s Intentional and Relational.” This material seeks to encourage you to make outreach and evangelism part of your daily routine. This course is offered to you as a personal opportunity to grow. The lessons can be used as personal study, devotionals, or for small groups.
This overview course complements our ShareWord Global Evangelism Certificate workshops. We know it can be easy to leave a workshop or training with a lot of good ideas, but ongoing training leads us to take action in our personal life.
Think of these studies as an adventure. May it change your thinking and daily actions in such a way that you not only become aware of people who are in need of a relationship with Christ, but you engage with people in a deliberate and active way. In essence, evangelism is the process of loving one another because Christ first loved us.
About ShareWord Global
At ShareWord Global, we ignite and fuel a passion in people’s hearts to share the Gospel — training and equipping them, as a community of believers, to effectively introduce people to Jesus through God’s Word.
We’ve been in ministry since 1911, starting in Canada and spreading out across the globe. The Scriptures we offer are designed to engage the reader in a way that resonates with them in their world and in their heart language. Whether it’s a Gospel of John, Scripture magazine, New Testament, full Bible, audio Bible or digital Bible, every copy points people to Jesus Christ and His free gift of salvation.
This is the third and final course of three courses that can be taken as part of our ShareWord Global Evangelism Certificate. The courses can be taken in any order, though we recommend the order they are presented in.
This Certificate is designed to prepare you to share your faith boldly, without fear, in any situation, publicly and privately. Being intentional and relational in reaching the lost is the focal point. Moving from theory to practical engagement is key to sharing your faith. It is about making evangelism part of your DNA and part of your everyday routine.
This course builds on the foundation of the first two courses with the understanding of evangelism and how Christ interacted with people. This final piece of the certificate equips you with practical tools, insights, and approaches to actually sharing the good news in your daily routines. The goal of this course is to make evangelism practical and encourage you to intentionally engage with those God puts in your path.
- Cognitive (Thinking) – What you should know and understand
- Know the Scriptural basis for why we share the Gospel
- Know how Scripture defines discipleship, evangelism, and outreach
- Know the elements needed in introducing Christ to others
- Know where to go to help others answer the big faith questions
- Conative (Doing) – What you should do with what you learn
- Be able to identify people in our daily routine to share Christ with.
- List 5-10 people to connect with
- Be able to share one’s faith story with another person
- Be able to introduce Christ to others
- Be able to use the NewLife app for sharing the Gospel
- Affective (Feeling) – What you should feel and appreciate
- Feel a sense of urgency to reach the lost and reach out to those who are in need of Christ
- Desire to grow spiritually and in our personal relationship with Christ
- Feel comfortable sharing our faith to others
- Feel confident in engaging in a spiritual conversation without fear
Certificate Course Lessons Summarized
||Everyday Evangelism That’s Intentional and Relational
||Why Share the Gospel?
||Being Intentional & Relational
||Overcoming Fear – Breaking the Barriers
||Insights on How Jesus Shared the Good News
||Jesus on the Grid
||Jesus and His Claims – A Glimpse of God’s Character
||Jesus Encounters the Unlikely
||Jesus and His Relationships
||Miracles on the Grid
||Practical Tools for Sharing Your Faith
||How to Share the Gospel
||Telling the Good News
||Introducing Jesus to Others
||Sharing Your Faith Story
||Engaging in Spiritual Conversations
||Conclusion – Putting It All Together